Tuesday, November 22, 2011

EDLD 5363 Week 2 Reflections

This week we were asked to use a video editing software that we have not used in the past. I am currently on a Mac and just updated to OSX Lion last week. My choices are quite limited, but has not been an issue because one of the best video editors, iMovie, is built into my machine. I am going to stick to the assignment and I utilized YouTube.com/editor as my choice. It is a very simple editor, it doesn't have many features that I have grown accostomed to but I see this as a very easy editor to use for short videos.

I was able to do a quick audio podcast for how to use the YouTube editor. Again I have been doing podcast before most people knew what they were. I had my twins doing podcast as early as 2004. Using audacity is like going back to basics, again I used this software due to the instructions. I already have a workflow in place to take the audio file and convert and upload so I was able to turn the podcast out into a fairly finished product in less than 20 minutes.

My only issue this week is the reading material was old material, the suggested video software is not available in many cases or it is such old software that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The articles from about.com or desktop-video-guide.com are not objectives sites and are usually put up to sell or push people toward specific sites as a way to generate ad revenue.

No comments: